I started doing taxes at Grant Thornton, LLC in 1999, just before I finished my Masters degree in taxation. I spent three years doing a variety of tax returns there: individual, including high net-worth individuals, corporate, LLC, partnership, trust, nonprofit, and even farming cooperative returns. My heart was not in working for a big firm, however, and I left to work for myself in 2002.
I’m not a button-down-grey-flannel-suit kind of accountant. I like to keep a casual atmosphere, and work out of my home.
I offer tax preparation and other financial services for a wide variety of clients. I specialize in:
- Tax return filing and tax planning for individuals and small businesses.
- Income tax audit representation for the IRS and all states.
- Registered Domestic Partner and same-sex married couple returns and issues.
- Back filing and tax problems.
- Ex-pat returns.
- Small business taxes and bookkeeping.
Constant participation in Continuing Professional Education courses offered by local chapters of national accounting and tax associations keeps me on the leading edge of ever-changing tax laws. I’m active in the CA Society of Tax Consultants, and am currently serving as Past President. I’m also active online in many tax groups where I discuss all aspects of taxation with other tax professionals around the world.
I’m here to help you get your tax and financial issues under control!